Strip Handles - NZ Edition - Package Import
Contents of this Article...
- Support Package - Joinery IT Catalog for CV11
- Alert - Start with a backup
- Check Door Band (A limitation of this package is that band letters P and Q must be available for the import)
- Extract package from the download
- Import into Cabinet Vision using the Setup Package Utility
Remember to install the Joinery IT Catalog for CV11
Follow the instructions included with that app - We recommend doing it prior to setting this one up.
Before you get started is a great time to back up your Cabinet Vision files...
- If something doesn't go exactly to plan you'll be able to start over
- Take a look at our ScreenSteps on the Backup Utility
Our first step is to take a look at the Part Catalog...
- We're checking to make sure band letters P and Q are available for the package to use during import
In the images following we are going through the motions of 'adding a new banding part' so we can check 'P band' and 'Q band' are available
- Splash Screen > Part Manager
- Left Click and Expand the Door group
- Left Click Banding group
- Left Click New
- Review - We're checking that S_BNDP and S_BNDQ are in the list
If yes, move on to unzipping the download.
If the P and/or Q band parts are missing from the list, this indicates the part is being used already...
- You will need to locate them and replace them. Using an alternate band letter
- This must be completed before you proceed
Our next step is to Unzip the download
- Right click > Extract All
- Un-check "Show extracted files when complete"
An easy way is to place a copy of the zip file into your job folder > Right Click and 'Extract All'
We're ready to import the package into Cabinet Vision > Splash Screen > Utilities > Setup Utility
- Open the package
- Switch to import mode - Swap between Creation and Import Modes
- Overwrite all Matches
- Import Package Contents
- Click OK
Import Complete - You're nearly done - Continue on to the 'Post Import Cleanup'...